Personal Chef Training – Personal Chef Business Academy
Do you want (or have what it takes) to become a personal chef?
You are a health coach, culinary school grad, or home cook looking to transform their passion for food into a profitable business. Take your cooking skills to the next level by moving from passionate cook to profitable personal chef with my personal chef training course.
Cooking for a variety of people with an array of tastes and dietary needs is an incredibly rewarding and challenging career.
But you aren’t worth your weight in truffles as a personal chef if you don’t have a strong business foundation.
If you’ve been struggling with inexperience or uncertainty, difficult clients, or competition, it’s time to take the next step.
Enter the Personal Chef Business Academy
A personal chef training and mentorship program for passionate cooks who believe home-cooked food is the recipe to a meaningful career.
- Accelerate the growth of your business through ongoing collaboration, mentorship, and support
- Attract clients who love your food, sing your praises, and respect your time
- Feel confident in your pricing structure regardless of your level of experience
- Create easy to re-heat meal plans clients will love
You love spending hours in the kitchen, reading cookbooks, buying the best produce at farmer’s markets, flaky maldon sea salt, and your trusted chef knife.
You’re ready to turn your skills, obsession and passion for food into a career that gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
No more depressing cubicle, hiding behind a computer or phone or stressful restaurant line and $10/hour wages.
Hi, I’m Brigitte Theriault. I have spent the last 10 years building a successful Personal Chef business in both New York and San Francisco.
I also spent years making classic industry mistakes:
Undercharging, taking on the wrong clients, and not having strong branding and marketing systems in place. These common problems can quickly become vicious cycles.
However, after spending the last few years feeding my obsession with all things business and applying these concepts in my own business, I understand what it takes to build a powerful business.
My goal with the Personal Chef Business Academy is to help you shave years off your learning curve with personal chef training so that you can get back to what you love doing most: cooking.
“Brigitte is a true mentor and coach who gave me the confidence to put myself out there and call my self a business owner.”
– Laura Henshall
With this Personal Chef Training & mentorship program, you will learn:
- Charge premium prices for your premium service
- Assemble a team of people who will turn your personal chef service into a powerful brand that eliminates your competition
- Streamline techniques to manage your client intake forms, menus, grocery lists, cook dates – so that your cook days go off without a hitch
- Show you where the the free marketing is so clients can easily find you
- Avoid the traps of difficult clients, and show you what to do if you end up with one
What’s included in the personal chef training course:
11 modules delivered to your inbox upon purchase.
1:1 Mentorship + Online Office Hours
3 1:1 coaching calls where you can ask me any questions you have so you can start to take strategic actions towards building your business
Templates for contracts, proposals and client intakes
You’ll receive a free comprehensive fillable food questionnaire to use with your clients
You’ll also get templates for client contracts and proposals
A community of personal chefs
A Facebook group where you’ll meet other personal chefs – collaborate, get support, and make new friends.
Behind the scenes of White Apron Chef
You’ll get a behind the scenes look at my client menus and recipes, pricing structure, and marketing/PR plan and a case study of what I’ve accomplished for far with the re-brand of White Apron in 2014.
Interviews with Personal Chefs
You’ll get a peek into the businesses of other successful personal chefs and learn from years of experiences.
Module 1 Branding and Positioning
- Why branding is important for your business
- How to define your brand
- How to find help to create your brand
- What DIY solutions yield the best results
- How (and why) I re-branded White Apron after losing 20k of business
Module 2 Marketing Your Chef Business
- How to find the best free advertising
- Everything you need to know about SEO for your chef business
- How Diane Davidson from Cast Iron Kitchen built a booming business by niching
Module 3 Client Intakes and Business Systems
- How to use Evernote to organize and streamline your business
- How to organize an initial consult (plus a free interactive questionnaire you can use for your client)
- How to know whether or not you should take on a client and when to say no
Module 4 Pricing and Legal
- How to price according to where you live and what you offer
- How to bust through your assumptions about how much you services are worth
- What you need to cover yourself in case something happens
- Sole proprietorship vs LLC or Corp?
Module 5 Meal Planning
- What meals keep in the fridge
- Recipes that work for clients
- How to keep menus simple enough to prepare in a short time but still elegant
- How I plan my menus for clients
- My favorite blogs and cooking resources
Module 6 Organizing Cook Dates and Packaging Meals
- How to organize your day to be most efficient
- How to package client meals to be most attractive
- Labeling meals
Module 7 Client Logistics: Equipment, supplies, clothing, keys
- How to decide what equipment or supplies to bring for your cookdates
- When it’s okay to ask for client keys
- What to wear for your cookdates
- How to keep track of client pantries
Module 8 PR for your Chef Business
- How to get free press for your chef business
- Ways to get your recipes featured in magazines
- How to find the right journalists, bloggers and media outlets
Module 9 Cooking Classes
- How to figure out what to charge
- Whether to go public or private
- Liability waivers in case of injuries
- Refund policies
Module 10 Dinner Parties
- How to organize your events
- Questions to ask clients
- What steps to take to protect yourself
Module 11 Creating your Action Plan
- A step by step plan to build your business from start to finish
You will be an excellent fit for this program if you:
… have existing cooking skills and a willingness to improve
… aren’t sure how to even begin to price your services
… feel stressed about what to cook for picky clients or how to even begin to plan your menus
… struggle to find new clients, or find clients who don’t want to pay you for your time
… are willing to do the work it takes on your business to succeed
There are two personal chef training levels to choose from.
Available for purchase anytime.
You’ll receive the modules within a few hours to explore on your own. Does not include mentoring and coaching calls.
Full Mentorship Program
You’ll receive the modules in your inbox upon purchase and get a link to schedule your 1:1 mentorship and support, and access to the community.
My sessions with Brigitte have been very helpful to grow and rebrand my business. She has been an incredible network for me and connected me to many other business professionals.
– Chef Hope nutritiontoyouchefhope.com
I was at a cross roads in my corporate career and wanted to make a change that allowed me to align more closely with my values, passions and dreams. I had never cooked professionally before, nor had I run my own business. I was confident I could cook, but the rest seemed overwhelming.
Brigitte helped me understand the business model, how to market myself, how work with a new client, plan a menu, how to price, how to organize my cook days to make them efficient and, importantly, how to make a living.
Thanks to Brigitte, I am starting to become networked in the San Francisco community as a vegan personal chef. I’m slowly building my book of clients. Most importantly is the confidence I’ve gained in working with Brigitte. If left to figure this wonderful profession out by myself, I’m sure I would have given up. I highly recommend her services.
– Stacey Ellis www.herbnvegan.com
Not sure it’s a fit? Have questions? Fill out the form below and I’ll get back to you schedule a free consultation within 24 hours.
How is this course going to help my business?
To grow a business, you need support, mentorship, and resources that point you in the right direction. This course will help you with all of these things so you don’t have to be alone in the parts of your business that feel hard.
If I don’t like the materials, can I get a refund?
This is a course where you have to put in the work, apply the principles, and experiment when something is not working. When you take the course, you agree to our terms and conditions, and you may be refused a refund. Refunds may be given on a case by case basis.
I don’t have any professional cooking experience, can I still become a personal chef?
Absolutely. You don’t need to be a professional chef to become a personal chef. You need a working knowledge of cooking techniques, the ability to multi-task in the kitchen, and a passion for food and learning.
Do I need a certification to be a personal chef?
Nope! But you need a strong branding and marketing foundation to convince your clients you are the real thing. Clients don’t care if you are certified. What matters is that they feel comfortable having you in their home, and that you have the ability to make delicious food.